Sunday, June 22nd

"Do not be angry. Try to understand. When you understand you will not be angry."
-Jonas Mekas


Having met Jonas three times and at all times failed to say anything more than a hello sir and a good bye. finally this time, my fourth time, gathering all my courage I spoke to him. And he kindly spoke back. A great man. a wise man. a simple and beautiful being. and me, a nobody, yet he talked to me pleasantly and told stories. stories which even with my terrible memory I remember each word. It is amazing how certain people, simply with their presence, they fill you up to the brim.

I told him I've read I had nowhere to go and that I liked it. very much. Actually, i love it. but love is over used this days and so I avoided it. And he said he would give me a copy. Even now I cannot believe these words. even now they seem impossible to believe. An entire copy from the man himself. A copy of a book I'd tried so hard to find but couldn't. A copy that had inspired me to fill up my journal more meaningfully and to start updating this blog more often. I hope he does not forget...

I have very fortunately enjoyed the company of very inspiring people the past 2 years. The decision to stay an extra night to hang out with Eiko on Thursday was worth every minute.

"Space is never empty. Time is never even."
Such beautiful lines. such delicious movements that warp time and consciousness. Talking to her I feel my world expands and that there is hope. even if blindly. even if unchallenged and untested. hope not for myself. but hope that yes there is room to believe. that art brings something to the world. that beauty, true beauty exists. that i too, want to notice, understand and create such. success or failure is a separate and unrelated issue. unimportant at this moment.

i am very full these days. very full.

No comments: