Saturday, June 28, 2008

Youkyung's on a plane back to Korea. Marcela is already back in Mexico.

We drove to a farm after breakfast. This part of Massachusetts is similar to parts of CT and even residential neighborhoods in Charlottesville. Cute houses, mostly one story, some 2, and a few 3, lined up along the street between frontyards and backyards, their lawns cleanly mowed. It is a peaceful scene, full of trees and plenty of space for each family. But just the idea of living in one of those houses is unimaginable for me. I can never enter such domesticity. I will be sedated. Well, never say never, but yes, at the moment such lifestyle and future is rather dreary. On the other hand, becoming a cat lady sitting in a falling-apart house with 10 cats is not exactly appealing either...Ahh crap talk. Why should I even think about this. Que sera sera.

Back to the farm story. It was not very big and Cass refused to walk into the fields with me so we only stayed at the front where there're animals and shops. The baby goats were adorable but unfortunately I forgot my camera.
We drove to a park (Look park) in the afternoon and waddled into the water. Cass' slippers slipped off and floated downstream. She chased after them, caught one and tumbled into the water bruising herself. It would have been as she exclaimed, standing on a rock waving one pink slipper, Oh, a bad day!, if some guy from downstream hadn't rescue her other one .

We got home with flip flops intact and made delicious vegetable curry.

Mrs Guild: Why don't you go to a bar?
Cass: Why are you always telling me to go party? You go party yourself!
Mrs Guild: There're no more bars for older people any more. It's all for teenagers, or 20s...you know.
Cass: That's not true. Go to Divas.
Mrs Guild: Oh pu-leeese. I'm not going to old pick-me-up men's bar.

Ahhh...family. I'm moving back in roughly a month. It worries me somewhat.

No comments: