September 21, 2008

We climb out the window
and perch on the sill,
giggling like high school delinquents.
The smoke rises and the vodka sinks
and the ship sways to the sound of the night
moon melting on the water.
And the shadows of the surrounding cliffs
cast over us
a soft indigo shade of security
of peace and happiness
and we're back in a space where we're content to be, to be happy
and self sufficient.
Where your company
wraps mine and mine embraces yours
and there is nothing to worry about
no other place we wish to be
no person from another time
who we wish had continued loving us.
Just you and me.
Though we know tomorrow
even if we hold hands and splash head first into the water
it will be once again your world
apart from mine
But tonight,
we melt with moonshine and fire water.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Yay, I like!! It's very nice imagery, and the ending is beautiful.

And yes, I have a blogspot now! Now I just need to write in it more...